Failure to yield to pedestrians when driving a motor vehicle in Nevada can result in a traffic ticket which can carry the penalty of a fine and demerit points. Whether you are in Las Vegas or any other place in the state, pedestrians have the right of way when they are following the pedestrian laws by crossing the road in a designated crosswalk or legally at an intersection. Motorists failing to yield to foot traffic in Las Vegas, Nevada, can receive a ticket for this moving violation and may face additional charges for reckless driving. You may wish to consult with an attorney because penalties for this moving violation can be severe and may include fines, loss of your driver’s license, community service, and jail time.
Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk Traffic
Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk in Las Vegas, Nevada
Nevada laws are designed to protect both motorists and foot traffic on roadways in Las Vegas and through the state. That is why failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk can carry some pretty stiff penalties for those who are found guilty of this moving violation. Pedestrians must follow specific laws when crossing roadways. These include:
- Using designated crosswalks
- Crossing roadways with the appropriate traffic signals
- Watching for traffic to cross when no designated areas are available
Drivers must slow down and even stop if necessary for those who are crossing roadways in a legal manner. Motorists failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk can face serious charges, including that of reckless driving.
Additionally, you can face charges if you attempt to pass a vehicle that is stopped at an intersection or at a crosswalk without first making sure that the vehicle is not stopped to wait for a pedestrian to cross the roadway.
Attorney Bennair Bateman of FixYourTickets.com is known popularly among Las Vegas locals as the Ticket Fixer Las Vegas, and Mr. Vegas Ticket Fix.
Bennair handles all kinds of Las Vegas Traffic Ticket offenses for his clients, one of the most frequent being Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney Offenses.
Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney
What is a failure to yield Las Vegas Traffic Ticket? It happens when there is a question about who had the right of way and failed to yield to the other party.
Seems clear-cut, but it is not. There are distinct subtleties in the failure to yield laws including :
- The other vehicle was darting in and out of traffic
- The other vehicle actually went onto the curb
- The other vehicle was driving without lights at night and was difficult to see
- The other vehicle was driving in an unauthorized lane
- The other vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed
- This made it difficult for you to see them until the last second and yield
- The infraction involved a pedestrian, who simply darted out into traffic
- The traffic officers vision was obscured
- He or she did not have a clear vision of what actually took place.
A Failure to Yield attorney can cast doubt on what otherwise seemed a simple proposition.
North Las Vegas Municipal Court
The penalty in Las Vegas for failure to yield is $305 in most cases or in the case of a pedestrian, up to $1,000. You will also be given 4 demerit points on your Nevada Drivers license, in which case if you already have points for another offense, you may go over the necessary 12 points in order to keep your license.
In Las Vegas, it all happens at North Las Vegas Municipal Court.
And if this is your first time at traffic court in Las Vegas you may be amazed at the rapid pace with which everything proceeds.
Defending yourself rather than hiring a Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas is not recommended.
Bennair Bateman is an experienced Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney, and that’s what you need to keep your record clean.
Before your case is called, you will meet with a local district attorney. If you have
Bennair Bateman, as your Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas, he will be by your side and will explain your case.
If, as often is the case, the district attorney may realize that the case is not so clear cut and dismiss the case straight off. It will never go before the judge at all.
However, if you defend yourself, district attorneys rarely give you the time of day in court.
Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas
A Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney can often turn a serious offense into a simple warning from the district attorney, but you need the right attorney.
Call Bennair Bateman today, the Vegas Ticket Fix attorney, and the Ticket Fixer Las Vegas to discuss your options.
Continue reading the full article “Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk Traffic Ticket in Las Vegas, Nevada” on FixYourTickets.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Traffic Ticket Attorney Las Vegas
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Traffic Ticket Attorney Las Vegas Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Traffic Ticket Attorney Las Vegas to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
Las Vegas DUI Lawyer
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a Las Vegas DUI Lawyer call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Attorneys can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Improper Turn Traffic Violation in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Failing to Stop for a School Bus Traffic Violation
- Carpool Lane Traffic Ticket in Nevada
- Illegal U-turn in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reckless Driving Penalties in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Nevada
- Failing to Yield to Pedestrians Traffic Ticket
- Failure to Signal Traffic Ticket Las Vegas, Nevada
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- No detiene para un autobús escolar en Nevada
- Violaciones del Carril de Carpool en Nevada
- Giro en U Ilegal en Nevada
- Leyes de conducción imprudente y sanciones en Nevada
- Leyes, obligaciones y penalidades de “Pega y Corre”
- No dar paso a los peatones en cruce de peatones
- Nevada: Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja en Nevada
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Multas y Sanciones en Nevada
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin Registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de Punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano