How Much is a Ticket For Running a Red Light in Las Vegas?
You will receive a traffic ticket for running a red light in Las Vegas, Nevada. While you might think that disobeying traffic signals would be such a minor offense that you may only have to worry about a little fine, this is not the case. You can face a fine that is several hundred dollars. Additionally, you will receive four demerit points as a penalty against your driver’s license. On top of that, if you ignore the traffic ticket for your red light violation, you could be issued a bench warrant. This means that you can be arrested at any time or any place. You will then be held in jail in Las Vegas, Nevada until you take care of the penalties that are connected with this moving violation. This can make it important to seek the advice and assistance of a qualified defense attorney.
Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
Attorney Bennair Batement of FixYourTickets.com, also known as the Ticket Fixer Las Vegas and the Vegas Ticket Fix attorney, would like to remind you that running a Red Light Las Vegas is no laughing matter. The fine for running a red light Las Vegas is $305, plus you will have 4 points tacked on your Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles point system, and you only get 12 to qualify for a substantial suspension.
Red Light Las Vegas
Why is a Red Light Las Vegas a serious offense? Frankly, because many drivers who run a red light wind up causing traffic accidents, many of them potentially serious or even deadly.
There are actually some defenses for running a red light. The situation is not hopeless. As a Ticket Fixer Las Vegas, Bennair Batemen has challenged many Las Vegas Traffic Ticket offenses including red lights.
Las Vegas and Nevada residents do have one advantage in that there are no automatic traffic cameras in the state, so you will never get a ticket that way.
However, an officer handing you a Las Vegas traffic ticket, for a red light often has an obscured viewpoint. And occasionally, the traffic light itself is defective.
Finally, there are situations in which the driver, avoiding a dangerous situation, may have proceeded to run a red light in order to actually avoid causing an accident.
North Las Vegas Municipal Court
North Las Vegas Municipal Court will be the location that you and your attorney will go to fight your ticket.
And in case you have never been to traffic court before, the pace is fast and furious. A few minutes is all that most judges will tolerate from beginning to ending.
Before you actually go before the judge, however, the prosecutor will meet with you to discuss your case. If you have had a previous red light offense, then sorry, the prosecuting attorney will not likely let the offense pass, but if you have a generally clean record, the Vegas Ticket Fix attorney can often talk them into a deal.
You may have to agree to go to traffic school, but your record will stay clean.
Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas
Bennair Bateman has been a traffic Lawyer Las Vegas for many years and has experience in the Las Vegas traffic courts.
Consult with Mr. Bateman as a Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas with experience and see if he cannot help you.
Continue reading the full article “Running a Red Light in Las Vegas, Nevada” on FixYourTickets.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Red Light Las Vegas
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Red Light Ticket Las Vegas
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas
Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
DUI Lawyer Las Vegas
DUI Lawyer Las Vegas, Nevada
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a DUI Lawyer Las Vegas call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Attorneys can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Improper Turn Traffic Violation in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Failing to Stop for a School Bus Traffic Violation
- Carpool Lane Traffic Ticket in Nevada
- Illegal U-turn in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reckless Driving Penalties in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Nevada
- Failing to Yield to Pedestrians Traffic Ticket
- Failure to Signal Traffic Ticket Las Vegas, Nevada
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- No detiene para un autobús escolar en Nevada
- Violaciones del Carril de Carpool en Nevada
- Giro en U Ilegal en Nevada
- Leyes de conducción imprudente y sanciones en Nevada
- Leyes, obligaciones y penalidades de “Pega y Corre”
- No dar paso a los peatones en cruce de peatones
- Nevada: Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja en Nevada
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Multas y Sanciones en Nevada
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin Registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de Punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano